Monday, October 28, 2013

Days 71-77

Right now, things are starting to get to the point where not everything is new or different to me anymore. 

Tuesday, all the girls in my class were super excited that I had finally been able to get What's App on my phone. Now it'll be easier to talk to them outside of school. (: In art, we drew a really cool design on this big piece of wood/cardboard but we're going to paint it next Tuesday and I'm not the best at painting. I just hope it turns out well! After lunch, I headed back to school for gym and history. I always have the most fun in gym class and I'm one of the people who talks the most. I'm not really sure why I'm not the same in all of my classes. We took a "test" on gymnastics and then played soccer for the rest of the period. I'm enjoying soccer more and more every time we play it but that definitely doesn't mean I'm going to be going out for a team anytime soon! Later that night, I went to a Roteract meeting with Adrianna and we got tickets to go to a "Feria de Pastel" that Roteract was having to raise money for something. A lot more people have joined Roteract since the first meeting I had!

Wednesday after school,  I actually had homework (in math) so I finished that before watching a movie on TV. Then around 8pm, mamá and I headed down to the Fexpo (fair) to watch her models model shoes for her store. She really wanted me to model but thankfully I got out of it. I can't walk in stiletto heels very well (especially on a runway in front of hundreds of people) and I definitely cannot model like the other older models!  Before the show started, I walked around all the booths, set up for different businesses, with some of mamá's employees. We ended up leaving the fair after her models were done but by this time, it was already midnight.

It was really hard waking up on Thursday because I had gone to bed so late the night before for a school night. After I was done with alll my classes for the day, I went to Karla's house to hang out for awhile. It was nice to have tea and talk to her Great Aunt who had lived in New Mexico for 58 years and just recently moved back to Bolivia to be with family. Aunt Albertita (her great aunt) is super sweet! Later, we went to the CBA (the school where lots of my classmates go to learn English) so Karla could pick something up and I talked to the director there. The director asked me to come in next year and help with a class so the students can hear a native English speaker. She also told me she can give me prep materials so I can take the SAT at the CBA before I leave if I want to. Finally, I walked home and it had rained super hard all day so it was a perfect night to be outside with the cool, fresh air.

I had a math test first thing Friday morning, and I was actually prepared for it. I'm finally starting to understand the way my teacher teaches and remember what we're learning about from my classes in the US. In literature, our teacher wasn't there so we got to watch the movie "The Blind Side". For lunch, we had charque (dried meat), mote (the big corn kernels), and some othe stuff, so it wasn't my favorite lunch but I managed to get it down. Then at 3, I walked to Karla's house where we watched a movie with her sister and had tea with her Aunt and Mom. I really like her family and Karla and I get along really well. We talked a lot about how our accents in the opposite language differ even when we think we sound pretty good. (: Around 8, she walked me halfway home and once at home I ended up going to bed pretty early for a Friday night because I was really tired for some reason.

I had a lazy day Saturday. I woke up extremely early and couldn't fall back asleep so I watched cartoons, cleaned my room, and got some other needed stuff done and by then, it was time for lunch. We had some really good soup! After lunch, I watched a movie and did a little bit more cleaning until I got hungry for supper. When I was done eating, mamá and Nico got home so we sat in the kitchen talking about Christmas for awhile. It was nice to joke around with Nico the way we had the first month I was here. That was always so much fun. He showed me the dance you have to do in order to recieve each Christmas gift and mamá said that we will probably make some Christmas cookies so I'm super excited for that!

I woke up bright and early to the usual Sunday "alarm clock" of the paper boy yelling EXTREMELY loud through the streets "Correo!!!" (that's the name of the newspaper). So I watched Sunday morning cartoons until mamá came to get me for breakfast. I was kind of surprised that she had made breakfast for us but it was nice. It makes me miss mornings in the US when I would wake up to the smell of one of my parents making pancakes and eggs. (: Anyways, we had eggs with ham, green peppers, and cheese on some fresh bread, with a nice warm cup of tea/coffee. Afterwards, I did my normal Sunday chores and watched more cartoons until noonish. Then I met Adrianna at the Glorieta Hotel (where we have Rotary meetings) and we walked to the Feria de Pastel to have lunch and a bunch of desserts. Then her host mom picked us up and we went to Eduardo's house (he's my youth exchange officer and also Adrianna's host grandpa) to hang out and spend time with her host relatives. Her cousins had brought their dog along, Mara, and her 7, month old, adorable golden retriever puppies!! I wanted to take them all home with me! Then Adrianna and I went to my house to hang out, watch a movie, and have supper. Afterwards, I walked her home and then came home to get ready for bed. 

We finished "We Are the Nobles" in religion class today (Monday) and the rest of the day was pretty normal for me. After lunch, I spent the afternoon relaxing, doing my laundry, and wasting time on Pinterest (of course!).

Some of the models (not my mom's) from the fashion show. 

Karla and me 

One of the ADORABLE little golden retriever puppies and me

Some of the other golden retriever puppies running around

No comments:

Post a Comment