Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 7

Yesterday my family and I went to play tennis for about three hours and then afterwards we went to get salteñas. Apparently they're really common here. We each had a salteña con caldo and an empanada Santa Clara. They were pretty good but they weren't my favorite. Then we went home and I just watched tv until we went to get lunch. Miguel (mamá's brother) and Abuelita went with us too. I got to try some really interesting parts of a cow. For example riñon (kidney), ubre (udders), and tripa (intestines). It was actually pretty good but I think I would've like it a lot more if I hadn't known what it was! After lunch, we went and got ice cream (I think I've had I've cream every day so far!) and then looked at some cars for the family. Then Abuelita, Miguel, and I went to the plaza to get some movies and a phone charger for Abuelita. Abuelita bought me some flowers to put in my room and they smell amazing. (: Then we walked back to the house and Abuelita taught me how to make earrings. She gave me a pretty pair of blue earrings as a turquoise necklace that she made. The necklace was broken though so we took the broken part off and I made earrings with the beads. I also made a pair of purple earrings to go with all the purple stuff I have here. When my family got home, we watched tv in my parents room for awhile. Then around 9 our pizza arrived and Nico and I went upstairs to watch Batman Begins and eat pizza with Abuelita. Today I'm just relaxing before I go to talk to the director of my school. 
The flowers that Abuelita bought for me

Some of the earrings that Abuelita and I made

No comments:

Post a Comment