Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 5

Yesterday wasn't busy in the morning so I had some time to explore. I found the outside deck on the very top floor of our house (I didn't know it was there). it was a SPECTACULAR view and now I know where to hang my clothes after I wash them. Also, Chachi (our shaggy white dog) sleeps up there so I sat in the warm sun and played with Chachi for a few hours. Then I walked down to the plaza and bought a nice watch and some pretty jewelry for a really good price. After lunch, I went with mi mamá to drop Nico off at soccer and then go to the supermarket. I had so much fun reading all the labels and seeing all the different foods! Mamá said when I want to cook something to let her know which ingredients I need. She got quinoa and dulce de leche (which I had with bread for breakfast this morning and it's AMAZING) for me to try. I also found out she loves watermelons and mangos (just like me!) but we didn't buy any. After the supermercado, we went back to pick up Nico and talked to the coordinator at the gym about playing volleyball. I'm going to play on Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:30-2 and then during the weekends but I'm not sure what time. And the best part? It doesn't cost anything! It's either because I'm going to attend el colegio de Juan Pestalozzi or because I'm getting out of school early. I'm not sure though. On the way home we stopped for ice cream and when we got home Nico and I put the groceries away. Then I had more time to myself before my first Rotary meeting! I got to the meeting around 9pm and I was so scared! At first I felt super awkward but then a Rotex came and sat down with me and once she left another one started talking to me. The second one I talked to was named Judi. She's 22 and super friendly. She took English classes when she was little so she would talk in English and I would talk in Spanish. We ended up talking the ENTIRE night! The first 2 1/2 hours was just people talking. However in between that, Roteract was introduced into Sucre for the first time ever, so that was pretty cool. After they all finished talking, I was introduced. I presented the banner to their club president, handed out my pins and business cards to everyone in the room (and of course greeted them all with a kiss on the cheek), and took pictures with my counselor, YEO, and Judi. Then at about 11:30 we had supper and the meeting ended at about 12:30. It was really long and even though I was terrified at first, I feel comfortable with them now and am ready to give my presentation when the time comes! 
View from the terraza (roof thing) of my house



My dog here, Chachi

My Rotary counselor, Luis

My Rotary youth exchange officer, Eduardo

Judi and me


No comments:

Post a Comment